Sunday, September 1, 2013

Short trip to Ho Chi Minh - Day 1 - Reaching Hotel

Day 1 | Day 1 - Hotel | Day 2 | Day 3 & 4 | Day 5

After finish work, my colleague give me a ride to the Hotel. Traffic in Vietnam is very scary. The number of motorcycle is so much more compare to the car. So it is a habit for everyone on the street to press horn so that other people will know that they are behind or next to them. A way for them to be safe. But for Foreigner like me, I can't get used to this on my first day. It feels so annoying to hear the horn all the way.

Also they love to rushing around and taking turn when even the traffic light is Red for them and green for pedestrian crossing. So tips for any tourist, take taxi. It is cheap to most location and your safety is much more guaranteed. Google the location address and show to the taxi driver before you board. Some location may not known to them but don't worry, it is not hard to find another taxi.

Finally reaching the Hotel and this is certainly one of the best hotel I ever stay before.
I like the room feels. I stay at Intercontinental Makati, Manila Philippines before but it is not as good as this hotel.







The room is not spacious but clever sliding door that is next to the bath tub help to add more space to the room. The bed and pillow is very soft. A bit too soft for my preference as I need to sleep on 2 pillow and feel my neck pain the next day. The Ipod/Iphone docker is a nice touch. It can also be used as radio or alarm clock.



And finally, the night view of Saigon.

Day 1 | Day 1 - Hotel | Day 2 | Day 3 & 4 | Day 5


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the name of this hotel?

Man Fai said...

This hotel name is Intercontinental Asiana Saigon Hotel.

http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/gb/en/ho-chi-minh/sgnha/hoteldetail