Sunday, October 5, 2014

Guang Zhou

Return from a very short trip to Guang Zhou. By city population, Guang Zhou is 3rd largest city in China. Yet if including the area of shen zhen, Foshan, Macau etc, it is has the highest population in China.

Before I went to Guang Zhou, I know it is a very modern city yet, when I reach the city, I am surprise with the size and the tall building surrounding the city. As a 3rd largest city, I feel it is even larger than Malaysia largest city Kuala Lumpur. Can't imagine, Shanghai and Beijing.

For this trip, I stay at the tallest building in Guang Zhou, the Guang Zhou International Finance Center (IFC).
The building has a total 103 floor. But from the hotel lift, I can only accessed till 100 floor. I guess the other 3 floor is used for some other thing.

From 70 floor onwards, this building is the Four Season hotel. The view is magnificent.

I am not good using word to describe the scenery. The photo will do the explanation for me.


Every time I fly, I sure will take a photo of the blue blue sky. Feel so calm when see the sky.


From the lobby at 70th Floor, look up and I will see a triangular open arch that allow the sunlight to shine into the lobby.


Some artistic work. The weird symbol behind reminds me of Skyrim Shout/Dragon language.




My room. Feels like a mini studio. Only missing the kitchen part. The bath tub is largest I ever seen so far. Enough for 3 person.


The IFC building from outside. It is so hard to actually take full photo of the building.


The photo above taken after the typhoon have hit Guang Zhou surrounding area. Thus a clear blue sky.
In case anyone wondering, this photo is taken using my mobile phone.  


In normal day or I should say most of the time, the sky of Guang Zhou look like this, full of haze. This photo is not taken at dawn, but around 4-5pm in the evening.




The night scenery of my surrounding.


And this is the street of Guang Zhou on Sunday night. A very surprise to me, because of based on the number of high rise building that I seen, I expect to see a more crowded and jammed road. Even my Guang Zhou colleague is surprise when I show them this photo. They can't explain why it is not jammed either.

And lastly my Guang Zhou colleague brought me to dine at a great restaurant called 炳胜. It is the best meal I have in Guang Zhou. But the service need to improve. It took them hours to actually serve the dish and even more time needed when we just add a plate of BBQ Pork. BBQ Pork is already grilled and the chef just need to cut. Even that simple dish, it takes so long for them to serve us.









No comments: