Friday, July 23, 2010

Gift...禮物

A song that I love very much. Coz the lyric feel so suitable to me...
Sing by 劉力揚

劉力揚-禮物
Liu li yang- Gift


终於可以在今天划上句点
Finally there is an end to things today.
一整夜 翻阅过去画面
Spending the whole night, reminiscing
快想不起我们为何会诀别
Almost forgetting why we parted
只看到那双你送的鞋
Only looking at the shoes you gave me
走一步又一步 我才发现绕了个圈
Taking step, and another. Then, I realised that I've walked a circle
走了好几年 又回到原点
Being together for some years and we return to square one.
你送的礼物 会不会太特别
The present that you sent, isn't it too special?
毫不避讳 那不安的传言
Totally disregarding any taboo of the unsettling rumour
但渐行渐远 习惯到没感觉
Yet gradually we drift apart, become so familiar with each other that we lose our feelings
难道你早想要我走远
Perhaps, you've long wanted me to leave
你送的礼物 在此刻好体贴
The present that you sent. At this moment, it's especially thoughtfully.
陪我回忆 把过往走一遍
Accompanying me while I remember, going through my past memories
穿了这些年 难免会有污点
Wearing it all these years, some stains are unavoidable
就像每段爱 总会有终点
Like every love story, would always have an ending.
世上最残酷的 恐怕是时间 困住人 一切却还向前
The cruelest horror on earth is time trapping one while everything else moves forwards
乾涸的眼再挤不出一点咸 爱到如此可悲的境界
Eyes that are so dry that a single tear won't drop (Dry eyes that won't even squeeze a drop of saltiness)
Loving till such a pathetic state
走一步又一步 却跟不上你的脚步
Taking a step, then another. Yet I can't catch up with your footsteps
你满意了 为什麼我却只想要哭
You are satisfied. Why do I feel like crying instead?
你说做自己吧 我们都做回自己 哦~
You told me to be myself. Both of us to return to who we were
不要再为爱受委屈
Not to feel any grievance because of love again.
你送的礼物 原来是一场劫
The present that you sent, was actually a misfortune
终於分别 夙命一样准确
Finally parted, as accurate as our fated destiny
可笑到想要 你赔给我时间
Such a joke to the point I wanted you return me time
爱情有时廉价得可怜
Love is sometimes pitiably cheap
光著脚我一路奔跑 鲜血泪水一路狂飙
I ran back home barefooted, fresh blood and tears pouring all the way
收起我的骄傲 承认曾经备受煎熬
Keeping my pride, admiting that I was once prepared to be hurt
鞋上那记号 只有你能明了
The mark on the shoes, you're the only one that fully understands
过了这一夜 我就全忘掉
After tonight, I would forget everything.

Addition: The context of the song hinges on the superstition that if you give shoes to someone, the person will leave you.


The gift you give to me is really a misfortune....

No comments: