Monday, December 21, 2009

Chronicle of event that happens recently

14 Dec - Finally getting call from that company again. And it is confirm that they will offer me the job with the salary that I requested. (^^). Once I get and sign the offer letter, I will tender my resignation letter. The company will courier the offer letter to me since I am not able to go to the company during office hour to sign the letter. So if all work as planned then 22 Feb gonna start work in new company. Hooray!

15 Dec - Car break down again. This time, due to the car got a tyre puncture, I need to change the tyre. But problem happen with the spare tyre rim cannot use back the same screw. It need a shorter screw that is found at the car bonnet together with the spare tyre. Due to this information is not pass to me by my mechanic father, I use the longer screw to tighten the spare tyre to the car. Result of this is the brake failure due to mass heat generated from traction. And yes the car need to be repair again. My dear Peugeot seems like getting more and more frequent breakdown. (><) Is it sign that I need to change car?

16 Dec - Letter arrive at my house. Go thru the term & condition of the contract. All is same as what I discuss earlier during initial meeting. So left is tender the letter and see what response I will get. Based on the dept situation, I guess he should try to counter the offer as he really short of experienced staff to do work. But then if he offer increment earlier, I will not taught of changing company. Screw him for trying to treat me as cheap slave. Now unless he will give me RM 5,000 salary, else continue stay at this dept is out of consideration.

17 Dec - Gonna be a tough day for me. I really hope can get support from my friend or people that know what I will do today. I updated status at FB but seems like no one notice. Except for Ling Ling. She the only one left to care for me? I dun know. I guess just some of them dun like to comment on my FB. Like my old TARC friends. Or some just dun even check their FB that frequent to notice the status changes.

I keep login using 3G to access FB and check the status. Only at 10.30am when I see Ling support, I got the courage to actually go tender the letter.

Things happen as what I expect, he try to counter the offer. He will check what is the resource he has and then only tell me the new offer he gonna make. But it is already too late.

Still this is a tough day for me, as there is a BBQ party that will be organize later to say farewell to the Australia trainer that fly to Malaysia to teach us abt this new department. Both of them are nice people. And kinda sad needing to wear a mask and smile in front of them when deep in my heart I know I just want to leave them. I hate hypocrite. But then to live in this world, we need to wear mask and be hypocrite sometimes.

In the end of the day, I am a happier person. Coz I already see the end of the journey with this company. Things do look brighter in new company. A total new environment and a boss that have a good history. This boss is said to be the best Operation Manager ever to work in my old department. And senior staff still remember him even after the Operation Manager changes 3-4 times. So it show what legacy he has. Looking forward to work under him.

18 Dec - Holiday again. (^_^). Got planned to go movie marathon. Will watch 4 movie in 10 hours time. Start with Avatar > Couples Retreat > Bodyguards and Assassins (十月圍城) > Princess and Frog. Kinda crazy stuff to do. But I need it, to release my feelings after yesterday.

Avatar is a great movie. James Cameron able to create a very very beautiful world of Pandora. And I cannot help but fall in love with this beautiful world. So deeply in love that when I see human destroy it, tears start to build up in my eyes and slide down uncontrollably. It kinda weird to think about it, coz I am always the kind of people who enjoy destorying other people home. I use to love bury the hole in the earth that the ant make as their home. And see how the ant try to slowly remove the earth and create back their home. But now I like feeling what I am doing is so so so wrong. Just like when human cut down Navi people HomeTree.

Kudos to James Cameron. Fantastic 3D visual effect that is not just there as cosmetic but create deep feeling for the viewer of the movie. When compare it with what 2012 did, 2012 special effect is just "wow" but not that deep.

19 Dec - Avatar 3D 2nd round at Pavilion. Also my first Japanese sushi meal for almost a month. Since I start coughing at being of November, I have not have any Japanese Sushi. I MISS SALMON SASHIMI. Order lot of it and finish it almost entirely by myself.

2nd round experience with Avatar. This time still feel sad but at least I don't cry like the first time. Also the storyline etc is much more clearer this time. Due to the 3D movie, there is no subtitles like the normal 2D movie. And so need more listening skill to understand what they are saying. Begin to notice a lot of reference from various movie and games. The animal in Navi do feel like coming out from computer game. Red XIII? or Cereberus? And the story of a planet that have a spirit sound so freaking similiar to FF VII. Just that Eywa is replace with LifeStream. And the part that when Jake Sully go around finding other tribe to join in the battle against human, it feel like Lord Of The Ring again. Even their name is so similiar. "Land of Riders" Rohan :P

20 Dec - Gonna be a resting day at home after 2 days of going out. But then in the end, I kind of force to go out too. My sis BF force me to go Jogoya with him and my sis. Have a great devil meal with lots and lots of meat. And I don't need to pay for it. :P

A great Sunday weekend given the nice meal I have at night. But I dun feel too great due to 2 reason.
First is tomorrow is Monday. Working day for me.
Second is at 8.30am morning, got an SMS from a unknown person. Or I should say someone I know before, just that I remove her from my contact list. The message is very short. Just 6 words and 3 dots " I dreamt of you yesterday nite..."

A simple short message yet I wonder why she wanted to tell me this. She always is like this, trying to make you feel that you are very very special to her. And when you feel you really is, she will destroy it all by downgrading you to a nobody in her heart. I try to call her back but she did not answer my call. In the end I can only give up thinking about it. Coz I learn a hard lesson that trying to guess what is in her mind is an idiot things. Coz even she herself also do not know what is in her mind. Or in another way to say is, she change too fast that what in her mind this day will change to a total opposite the next day.

So begin the day with a bad sms that woke me up and prevent me from sleeping again. End the day with a big dinner meal at Jogoya. Energize for the coming week? I guess not. More like feeling exhausted.

21 Dec - Back to work. Counter offer is given to me. Although it is more then what I expect they will offer, it still not enough to change my mind. If only they offer this salary earlier. But there is too many "if" in this world. So final decision. LEAVE.

And I really do agree that I am making a right decision. coz today from 8am come to work until 12pm, the only work I did is go online surf net and writing this blog. Then lunch and back. training is only at 2pm till 3pm. And then continue wasting time till 5pm. If this is the work I gonna do, I can't see any future in this dept at all.

22 Dec - A chinese festival day. Dongzhi Festival. Not sure what lies ahead for my "training" today. Just hope that it will not be wasting my time again.

No comments: