Monday, July 18, 2011

This is my city, my land, my country.

On 9th July, a big event is organize in Malaysia as a protest for a better and more transparent election poll. But as we can all find in newspaper and internet media, it did not turn out to be a peaceful protest.

The government just view us the people as terrorist and criminal. Prohibiting us from even the basic people rights as stated in a Democracy Country. It is just sad to see their crooked poker face acting at the TV and media. Saying delusional things like want to take action on the international media for "wrong" report of the whole incident. And stating that "no physical contact" from the police with the people that join the protest. As though the police can handcuff a person without touching it.

This is my city, my land, my country. The Malaysia that I have been living in.

Just sad and disappointing.

I did not participate in the protest. Because of fear for the possible consequence from the government. I just stay at home and try to follow their news from the internet.

Peace return to this city after 9th July. The road block, etc just seems disappear. And people moving about with their daily chores. As though yesterday did not happen.

On 11th July, I walk from my office to Low Yat Plaza that is like 1.2km away just to buy a Handphone Battery. Not a short walk, but after the walk I kind of like want to cry. Because I suddenly feel this city is so familiar to me. I know where to turn in the maze of shop in Sungai Wang, so that I can have the shortest route that pass thru the shopping complex.

It is the kind of feeling this is my city. I am a Kuala Lumpur citizen for the pass 20++ years. That is why I know how to take all the shortcut.

And I wish that this city, land and country can continue to prosper. Else I have no choice but to live in a familiar city name yet unfamiliar city in another country.

No comments: