Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yuzu Restaurant, Mid Valley

Well Yuzu is not really the first choice as I really have try most of their menu. But things sometimes just won't work the way you hope it work.

Me and my friend went to il Primo first and been told that il Primo is closed for business. (=_=!)

I have not try their macarone, rabbit stew etc.

My friend suggest to go Sage, Garden Mid Valley. Another nice dining restaurant that I never been to. So off we go zip zap thru the traffic jam from Jalan Conlay all the way to Mid Valley.

When we arrive at Sage, with a hungry stomach, the reception told us that they are fully booked for the night. (=_=!!!)

Not having energy to go any other place, we decide to find a restaurant nearby for the dinner.



So Yuzu is the choice. And lucky for us, when we arrive there is still empty table for us. We did not order from the menu and we ask for the Course Menu. The waiter need to get the boss to serve us. Kind of make me feel like I am VVIP (^__^)
Of course the boss is more knowledgeable in the thing we ask and we settle for a 5 course meal for RM120 per pax. If you willing to pay more, then the meal will be grander with caviar, foie gras, etc.



First on the table is appetizer. As usual Yuzu presentation of food is always impressive. From left to right, Tamago, Enoki with Golden Spinach and Butter Fish with Wasabi Mayo. A simple combination but 1+1 does not mean it must be 2.



The next is the sashimi. Shiro Maguro (白鲔鱼), Otoro Sashimi (上腹黑鮪魚), Salmon Sashimi (三文魚刺身), Suzuki Salshimi (立魚刺身), Hiramasa Sashimi. Well only one piece of sashimi for each type. Kind of too less but considering the price we pay, we can't complain much I guess. So next time I maybe will go for RM200 per pax. If I get my end year bonus. :P





Avocado Gratin. The presentation of this dish is good. And this is the first time I taste Avocado. Not as bad as what I imagine. In fact I find it taste good. Soft and buttery. The Avocado is dig out from the shell and fry together with chicken, fish etc and baked again with Mayo. A very tantalizing experience. Maybe they should put this in the menu.





Oyster Aburiyaki. Oyster after grilled have a different kind of taste. A good change to the usual fresh Oyster that I have eat. The special Yuzu sauce goes very well with the oyster too.

At this point I am talking to my friend that 5 course meal dun seems to satisfy our hunger. Because this is the 4th meal. Luckily the Boss come to attend us and ask are we satisfy with the meal so far. Of course she assure us that there will be sushi and dessert in the end. (^_^)



Next on the table is Beef Kushiyaki and Yakisana. This I feel is a bit of let down as too plain simple compare to previous 4 dish. Not showing the creativity of the chef here.



Plus the last beef is a bit too raw for my tasting. Can see it is bloody red with some red blood water on the dish plate. ><



Next is the sushi roll with Asari Miso Soup. Unagi, Fish Roe and Mango sushi. The Mango Sushi is a surprise. I guess the chef got the idea from Thailand Mango Rice. It does mix well with other ingredient and taste good. (^_^)



The miso soup taste is great too with large clam inside. \(^_^)/ I love the soup.



The last serving for our dinner is the Fruits and Green Tea Ice Cream. I believe their green tea ice cream is home made. Not something you can get from the store.

No comments: