Friday, July 10, 2009

Food of Devils - 1

Sushi & Sashimi is always my favorite food. Even though my parent do not like it because it is not cooked. But I am not a good mother boy :P

So on 4 July 2009, along with my Sushi "kaki" ( Malaysian way of saying gang) I have gone to this new Sushi outlet at Tropicana City. Their interior design and menu is quite similiar to Zanmai/Rakusen but I heard it is actually different. Anyway this is the 2nd restaurant I seen that serve fresh Sea Urchin on their menu. (1st is Rakusen. Will talk abt it next time :P). However we are out of luck that night.

I begin my meal with my favourite Ikaru Cawanmoshi. At first look, it do not differ much from Zanmai, but once it taste the Ikaru, I can see there is big difference. The outer gel for this salmon is more soft and when pressure is apply to it, it will break letting it fluid out. Taste salty. The feeling is like sea in your mouth. After trying this, I feel Zanmai is putting rubber ball instead of Ikaru.

Next is Green Cha Soba mee with fried salmon on top. The Soba taste ok. Same as other branch. But I remember Rakusen will also give quail egg. Sushi Tei don't offer this.

After finding the high quality Ikura serve in Sushi Tei, I order another Salmon Sashimi that include Ikura, Salmon Sashimi, Salmon Belly Sashimi. However due to this is order later I have to wait for it to be serve. I of course do not miss this opportunity to "help" my other "kaki" eat their foods

First thing is Tamago Unagi roll. Unagi wrap with egg roll. One word : DELICIOUS
Next Rainbow Roll. Salmon, Tuna, Avocado, Cucumber roll. First time I try avocado. Personally feel is not bad but not too special

Third is Beef Teriyaki Sauce and Beef Roll with Enogi Mushroom. Both is delicious. The beef is tender and not overcook.


After a long wait, my salmon Sashimi arrive. The Ikura is tasty just like the cawanmoshi. The sashimi is fresh and generous slice.


Finally is the desert that is compliment from the management. Reason is some of our order is not serve due to the order serve to wrong table. The ice-cream taste very good. Each icecream ball have different taste and have and icy outer layer.

Final verdict, the food taste is good but the service need to be improved. However considering that this restaurant is still new, some time need to be given to the restaurant before they can actually perform better.

(Thanks to Zarina for the photo. Photo taken using Nikon D40)

No comments: