Monday, August 17, 2009

Another not happy day

I heard a famous person say the saying he most like is "Life is never what we wish for". I feel like this today. Things just don't go as what I plan and causing me not so happy. I plan for a small farewell dinner with my partner Zarina. But in the end it need to be cancel because one of the colleague is sick and need either me or Zarina to replace her.

In the end I alone walking at Pavilion KL and bought a pair of shoes. Taught of leaving after confirm that Zarina won't be coming but heavy rain cause me to stay at Pavilion.

Anyway in the end I gone to try Kampachi food. Feel it will cheer me up a bit after eating something nice. However, Kampachi is quite disappointing. Before this, I hear at KL area the best Japanese buffet is either Rakuzen or Kampachi. Today eating at Kampachi, I only feel that their things is expensive and not really special.


The meal I choose is Salmon Sashimi Unagi Don Set (RM40).







The unagi taste is very good but the portion is a bit too little and wishing for more. The salmon sashimi taste more hard compare to the usual one that I had. Not sure is this due to the way the salmon is cut or different part of the salmon used.
Anyway, just like the unagi, the salmon sashimi portion is too little. The cawanmushi, miso soup and fruit is standard and did not hold any suprise.

Btw, while going thru their menu, Kampachi keep insist their sushi is hand made and thus the price is not cheap. The price of the thing explain a lot on the popularity of this shop. I dine at 6pm and from the time I walk in to this restaurant until time I pay, I am the only customer that they serve. Only when leaving the restaurant at almost 7 pm, another group of 3 person customer enter the restaurant.

No comments: