Friday, August 7, 2009

What I wish to archieve in my life

Every once a while I will suddenly think of what I hope to achieve in my life.

I still remember when I was young at the age of 8. My aim is just to get old faster. Reason is my mom use to tell me, you can drink Coke when you are old enough or you can eat McD when you are old enough. And so that is what I hope I can achieve in my life. To be old enough so that I can eat McD and drink Coke. Now think back at that times, my aim is really childish but a child age 8, childish is not a sin. :P

Then come to the teenage level, my aim was to find a pretty girlfriend that every other guy will envy. Well this one is not achieve until now and I guess won't ever achieve anymore since I already give up on this. Pretty common story for a teenage also.

Now at twenties ( Dun ask me how old I am. I won't tell), my aim is very simple. That is to be successful in life. I feel a person need to at least able to gather an amount of wealth by the end of his life to be view as successful. The amount of wealth that I see fit is able to own one large house of my own. I feel as a Malaysian, as long as I willing to work hard, buying a house is not impossible. For a normal Malaysian worker, after working for 30 years, one should have 300,000 to 500,000 in his retirement fund. These fund is more then sufficient to purchase a house. But this of course only possible if that person is mature in managing his financial. A person whose life is successful should not have problem to at least do this. While another person who have bad habit such as gamble, drug or prostitution will have trouble doing this. In my view these kind of person is unsuccessful in his life because he even after working for 30 years what have he achieve. Kind of wasting life only.

But today, I suddenly think what if I am to die now or before working for 30 years, what should I view or see my life. Is my life successful because clearly I fail to achieve my own aim that I set. I started to think about second aim in my life. That is to be remember by people that know me. Chinese have a saying, "earth is still moving/spinning". This saying is normally use to tell a person to get over the grief of losing a special person and continue in life. Why would earth is still moving relate to this? Now if let say today I suddenly involve in car accident and pass away, the only few person I am convince will feel my disappearance would my family and my closed friends. The company that I work for everyday will still go on with daily business even if I do not exist. The road will still be traffic jam in the morning even though there is less one car on the road rushing to office. The world will just continue moving forward as the chinese saying "Earth is still moving/spinning". But I hope that once a while, people that I know can at least remember about me. Maybe when they suddenly see a mug that I give them as birthday present. Maybe when they clearing up their bookmark and find this blog bookmark again, and they will probable sorrow for 1 minute.

So am I able to be remembered? Right now I guess not, coz every year when my birthday come, people that able to remember it is very less. And each year the greeting that I get is also lesser. So I guess I am getting more fail in my life then successful.

2 comments:

Will said...

Success and failure in life is not measured by how many people remembering your birthday. It is more about how you treat your family & friends, contributing to the society and most important, how you live your life. You are far better than most people out there. At least you self-reflect your life, how many people really do it. Come on bro, i will support you.

Man Fai said...

William : Success and failure in life is hard to judge. In life there is many other things but I can't aim for all things. So for me, in long term, it will be how many wealth I can gather. In short term, is how many people can still remember me after I passed away. Life is short, just a few ten years. Yet we can't do something to let people remember and that is bad. But to know is we are remember or not is also a hard thing. We can't go pretend dead to test this. So birthday is like a test day to see how much I have done that year and did I make new friends to remember my birthday, or just same old friend that remember it or maybe even less since some old friend I have lost contact.