Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Failure is the mother of success

"Failure is the mother of success"

I guess each of us will hear this statement not less then 100 times in their life. Yet as I grow older, I notice this statement no longer true. We no longer able to face failure and work towards success. Maybe it is the pride. Maybe is the things we will lost when we fail. But from what I can see is, the older a person grow, the more they cannot admit failure. They will try to escape failures. Blame it on other people and say that it is the other people mistake. Human try to "perfect" their own-self.

A simple example that I can see happening always in my work is when I inform my user that the form is wrongly fill up by them. They will blame that the form is poorly design and confusing. Therefore it is the "form" mistake and not them fail to fill up the form correctly. (=.=!)

Even small mistake they also cannot face, thus when requested to face greater mistake such as their own poor decision, they become cowards. Hiding their head in the hole like an ostrich. And worse situation is choose to end their life by suicide.

I do not know will I be someone that no longer courage to face failure. But I will continue to remember that we should learn from failure so that we can be a better man. Remember to get up on my own feet when I fall down. Coz that is one of the earliest lesson given to me when I learn to walk. I fall and cry and walk and then fall again, till in the end, I can walk on my own feet.

Hope to all my blog reader, you will remember back how you learn to walk and be able to face the mistake you done.

3 comments:

huilinglee said...

this is very true... same situation here when this customers, we call, we msg we even mark down when the things they hav order had arrive then few months later they come screaming at us say we did not inform them =( now i think we should use snail mail or email or msn them :P

Zarina BT2K said...

aja aja fighting! Don't give up to those 3 suckers!!

Will said...

to accept failure requires great courage, modern people is lack of that bit of courage